How is it that runway models always have the most flawless skin in those backstage photos during fashion week, with not an imperfection in sight, and a dewy glow that radiates under the camera lights?
Though many models have impeccable skin, there are also many who need to fight to keep their skin looking in tip top condition at all times.
But with the help of light-reflecting products, we too can achieve that perfect runway perfect look via the magic of face serums and primers.
Serums provide amazing benefits for your skin that a normal moisturizer cannot. Serums, which also moisturize, absorb deep into your skin and deposit potent nutrients into the pores.
Serums also come in very specialized formulas so that you can choose one that targets a certain problem with your skin that you would like to fix, be it clarity, tone, dark spots, clogged pores, or even preventive care against the sun.
Serums work to improve the overall appearance and smoothness of the skin, along with your normal wash and prep routine, and when your skin is healthy and radiating from the inside out, you will be one step closer to getting that supermodel skin you always dreamed of.
Once you’ve got skincare down, it’s on to make-up. This is when primers come into the mix. Primers prep your skin before make-up application. They go on after moisturizer, and work by absorbing into the skin to smooth the surface so that make-up goes on more evenly, looks more natural, and stays on longer. Primers also absorb extra oil so you can stay shine-free throughout the day.
Many also come with added benefits, like anti-aging properties and added moisturizers, to ensure skin health and radiance. Sounds too good to be true? Try it for yourself and you’ll see what we’re talking about. Primers are a newer addition the world of beauty, but they are now popping up in your local drugstore, so everybody can have a piece of the magic.
Adding a serum and a primer to your beauty routine can make all the difference. So get ready to put your best face forward with these products known to work like a charm. Just don’t be alarmed if you get mistaken for a runway model on the streets.
1. Intensive Hydrating Complex from Cellnique – $61.00
2. Genifique Youth Activating Serum from Lancome – $84.00
3. Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector from Clinique – $49.50
4. Repair Serum from Burt’s Bees – $18.00
5. Oil of Olay Regenerating Micro-Sculpting Serum from Amazon – $23.57
1. Photo Finish Foundation Primer from Smashbox – $36.00
2. L’Oreal Studio Secrets Face Primer from Amazon – $10.99
3. Revlon Beyond Natural Smoothing Primer from Amazon – $12.99
4. Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer from Sephora – $32.00
5. Philosophy Never Let Them See You Shine Primer from Amazon – $20.00