This season’s Timo Weiland collection, "A Wharf on the Baltic," inspired Leonardo Manetti of ION Studio to create a hairstyle of soft waves that were loose and voluminous.
He described the look as “just off the boat,” with a slight nod to the 60s, but done in a modern way. To achieve this look at home, Manetti outlined the 10 steps he performed backstage.
1. Create a strong side part that starts mid brow (whichever side looks best) and goes straight back.
2. Clip the parted section back.
3. Thoroughly spray Davines Texturizer throughout the hair. This lightweight formula adds lift at the roots and enhances the texture when activated with heat.
4. With a blowdryer, rough dry the hair to make sure all of the product is dry.
5. Lightly spray hair with Davines Glam Power Spray – a quick-drying spray that provides a strong, long-lasting hold without leaving hair stiff.
6. With a 1.25" curling iron, take big sections and curl locks, staying off the roots.
7. Work your way around the head, curling large sections and pinning them in place to set.
8. Once cool, remove pins and spray with Glam Power Spray.
9. Gently brush out the curls. Back-comb the back sections to add volume.
As for the make-up, MAC created the look that included applying cherry lip pencil on the inside of the models’ lips – an interesting touch I had never seen before. The eyes were kept nude. Mascara was applied only on the top lashes for an overall natural look that was low on shimmer.