Take a break from the dark vampire-esque lip this season and opt for something a bit more summery instead. It’s cold, we’ve got to liven things up a bit!
Tropical toned lips in orange, pink, and cranberry were seen all over the Spring/Summer 2011 runways, but why wait a whole season to sport them? The juxtaposition of highly pigmented, beach-ready lip color, worn against this season’s monochromatic hues of black, gray, and nude, will make you feel like summer is just around the corner.
A showstopping lip on a dark day is sure to put a smile on the faces of those around you. It’s a natural mood-booster that gives a positive edge to your winter wardrobe and state of mind. Don’t be stuck in a dark rut this upcoming winter season; just because the snow is already falling doesn’t mean that you have to look cold, too. Choose your favorite fruity lip color and start painting it on. It will make all the difference, even on the season’s chilliest days.
Try these colors for showstopping lips this winter:
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip Waterproof Pencil in Fuschia 16 C or Bright Orange 17C at Sephora – $ 17
- NARS Lipstick in Schiap (semi matter shocking pink) at Sephora – $24
- Dior Rouge Dior Lipcolor in Favori Red 752 (cherry red) or Blazing Red 638 (vibrant orange red) – $30
- M.A.C. Lipstick in Full Fuschia – $14.50
- Wet n Wild Silk Finish Lipstick in Hot Paris Pink – $1 – $2