Manicure is an art form, and nobody knows that better than Beth Fricke, the celebrity manicurist whose clients include Anne Hathaway, Emmy Rossum, Mariska Hargitay, Cate Blanchette, and Helen Mirren. It takes a certain something to file a tip into shape, and Beth is definitely at the top of her game.
I asked Beth three beauty questions. Here are her answers:
INDUSTRY BREAK: Before I got serious about an education, I became a manicurist to have a trade. Back then, it was all acrylics, all the time. It let me be creative, and I loved it. Then, I finished my degree, and moved to LA to produce commercials and music videos. After a few years, I got a job at my favorite day spa for the discount, where it was all natural nails, and I loved it all over again! But I missed being on set, so I got an agent to pursue that work.
5 MOST COVETED PRODUCTS:
- Mascara – because my eyelashes are blonde, and it can totally change my look with one swipe.
- Nail file 180 grit or higher – when I can do a quick fix or file, I rarely have to do a manicure.
- Murad Essential-C – part of the moisture routine my face requires.
- Rodin Olio Lusso – the other part of the moisture routine my face requires.
- Bioelements Kerafole – it allows me to exfoliate my thin skin without tearing.
FAVORITE LOOK YOU’VE EVER CREATED:
My favorite lately is somewhere between the uber-glam 50s movie star, and the housewife-gone-wrong long, pointy, polished nails, with chic dresses and Laura Petry pumps.