Tim Quinn is a makeover genius. He’s worked with some of Hollywood’s hottest leading ladies including Uma Thurman, January Jones, Kerry Washington, Glenn Close, Debra Messing, Victoria Beckham, Kim Cattrall, Gwen Stefani, Kate Bosworth, Milla Jovovich, and Megan Fox, to name a few. Known for his knack for making hotness even hotter, Tim also works in partnership with Giorgio Armani Beauty.
Here, Tim answers my 3 favorite beauty-related questions:
INDUSTRY BREAK: I was working in the financial services industry during and after college (circa 1991). I was realizing that finance wasn’t for me and that my passion lied in more of a creative setting. I started doing some local modeling in Miami, during the Versace glory days, so I made a rash decision to move to Milan at age 23 to try to pursue my career on the fashion runways. Once I emerged myself in the fashion world, I quickly found that I had an interest in makeup. I spent a lot of time backstage at shows, mingling with the artists, etc., and somehow naturally fell into the role of a backstage personal assistant, which segwayed into my makeup apprenticeship. The rest is history!
5 MOST COVETED PRODUCTS:
1. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation – Because of the weightless coverage and luminous finish, this foundation looks amazing on every skin tone
2. Giorgio Armani Crema Nera Reviving Eye Compact – I’m fascinated with this eye cream because not only is it a beauty treatment, but also double acts as an illuminizer and eye brightener throughout the day over makeup.
3. Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Excess Mascara – This mascara is the best I’ve used to create the most voluminous and dramatic lashes.
4. Clarisonic face brush – The best tool for getting your skin beyond clean and rid of toxins.
5. Kiehl’s Argan Oil – An instant beauty fix for the hair, face and body. It hydrates, adds luster and firmness to the skin.
FAVORITE LOOK YOU’VE EVER CREATED: Uma Thurman for the 2008 Oscars Vanity Fair party – I loved that she wanted a look that was effortlessly glamorous. The result ended up being a very natural, but luminous, look. She was the epitome of a modern take on old Hollywood glamour.