I started working for tFS in college, helping out the former Managing Editor in a casual, part-time way, as the newly-launched editorial section of the site was first establishing itself. Once I graduated, I transitioned into a staff position and stayed on for four years. Today is my last day. I will no longer be contributing to the site daily, but I’ll probably be around from time to time.
At the risk of sounding sentimental, I’m so grateful for everything. I’ve had a wonderful working experience, learned so much about fashion and online media, and formed relationships with some amazing people whom I’ll remember for the rest of my life. I also feel lucky to know the tFS Forums as deeply as I do: You all are hilarious, brilliant and right about everything.
I’ve also completed work that I’m extremely proud of, some of which I’m sharing here:
- By the Numbers: Racial Diversity at New York Modeling Agencies (2013-2014)
- We Asked the World’s Top Fashion Schools: How Are You Teaching Sustainability to Tomorrow’s Designers?
- Why Haven’t Big High-End Brands Embraced Ethical Fashion?
- Organic by John Patrick: The Ethical Designer and Tiffies Winner Explains Why the Fashion System is Broken
- Designer Knockoffs: Is Zara Copying Celine or Is Everyone Copying Everyone?
- We Ask the Model Alliance and NJOY: Should E-Cigarettes Be Available at Fashion Week?
- Who’s Really Driving the Thin Trend? Some Believe Consumers Want to See More Body Diversity
- WWD’s Vile Tribute to Grunge and Kurt Cobain
And that’s all for now. So long!