Giuliana Rancic is so vital to the E! Network that she was allowed to host her popular E! News show bi-coastally, so that she could spend more time with her husband, former Apprentice winner Bill Rancic. Her easygoing nature and fun-loving, laid-back attitude has made her a red carpet favorite, and recently garnered her a slot alongside Joan Rivers in a new E! show, Fashion Police. Following in the footsteps of GOOP and Zoe Report, Rancic is sharing the tips she’s picked up while interviewing the biggest names in Hollywood and some of the world’s most renowned lifestyle experts with a new daily newsletter called Fab Fit Fun.
Fab Fit Fun launched this month, and aims to give Rancic’s fans a daily dose of her insider beauty tips, favorite workouts, candid relationship advice, and more – delivered every weekday.
The website goes live in January and will include an archive of all the emails, but you can sign up now to start receiving Rancic’s insight.
In the meantime, we spoke to the down-to-earth star to find out more about her fashion, beauty, and fitness tips, and we’re happy to report, we got a taste of her humor and affable nature in the process!
The Fashion Spot: Is it weird for you having the tables turned and getting interviewed yourself?
Giuliana Rancic: Great question! What made you ask it? Just kidding. I think I’m pretty open when it comes to interviews. I actually like it. I’ve gotten very used to sharing my life thanks to [my reality show] Giuliana and Bill.
TFS: What made you launch FabFitFun? Were you at all inspired by Gwyneth Paltrow’s GOOP?
GR: I love Gwyneth and think GOOP is pretty great, however, FabFitFun has been something I’ve wanted to do for a while. Working in Hollywood can make anyone feel a little crazy, and I just wanted to create a place that promotes a happy, healthy lifestyle. We do have great beauty and fitness tips, but FabFitFun is really just about feeling good from the inside out. It’s fun, informative and a great way for me to connect with people. That said, I do plan on cutting a country song and guest starring on Glee.
TFS: What are the key factors in maintaining your stunning physique with your busy schedule?
GR: Thanks for using the word stunning in your question – you just made a friend for life (I’m that easy). Seriously though, I just try to maintain a healthy, balanced lifestyle – eating right, hitting the gym in the wee hours of the morning when I would much rather be in bed – that sorta thing. I do have a pretty jam-packed schedule so it can make the balancing act pretty chaotic. I try to have healthy snacks on hand at all times to avoid the dreaded double-fried drive-through windows. And when no one is looking, I try to get in a few crunches at the office. Just small easy steps that help me feel better every day.
TFS: Any beauty tips for keeping yourself looking great while traveling?
GR: Water. Lots of water. Planes can be incredibly dehydrating so I make sure to carry a couple of water bottles with me and some heavy duty moisturizer. If that doesn’t work, I’ll wear a big floppy hat or a hood.
TFS: What was your most memorable interview?
GR: That one is easy. I gotta go with the adorable and uber-charming Bill Rancic.
Giuliana Rancic with husband Bill Rancic
TFS: Which celebrity looks way better in person? Worse?
GR: Peter Griffin looks a lot heavier in person – you didn’t really expect me to answer that did you?
TFS: What do you wear when you’re not on camera?
GR: The truth is, I am a fashion junkie at heart. I know that when I am off camera, and just doing normal stuff with Bill like going to the movies, I should be excited to just throw on a t-shirt, jeans and flip-flops. But that’s just not really me. I love heels. I am always in them. Bill doesn’t get it at all, but I think it’s just a girl thing.
TFS: What are your makeup must-haves?
GR: I have a pretty well-stocked makeup bag. Seriously, a comprehensive makeup kit can be more important than a first aid kit. Think Courtney Love’s mug shot! Actually, it’s funny you should ask, because I was just writing about this for FabFitFun.
Right now I am loving:
- Foundation: My all time favorites are Chanel Pro Lumiere and Smashbox High Definition in Medium (M4). They both provide a rich, flawless color that holds up under hard TV lights. Of course, when in a pinch or on the road, I have to say that L’Oreal True Match is a terrific drugstore foundation that provides great coverage at a great price!
- Foundation Brush: Your fingers will not cut it if you want a smooth, even application. To apply foundation I love MAC’s Foundation brush #190.
- Loose Powder: I love Laura Mercier loose powder for an overall finish combined with her secret brightening powder that’s perfect for highlighting my under eye area and the downbridge of my nose.
- Under Eye Concealer: YSL Touche Eclat Radiant Touch will completely eliminate any signs of last night’s debauchery.
- Mascara: I simply cannot live without MAC Pro Lash in black. I usually have it stashed in my makeup bag and my desk drawer.
- Day Shadow: For pretty, bronze everyday eyes, I apply MAC’s Indianwood on my lids and creases.
- Evening Shadow: For that smoky, sultry nighttime eye, I mix MAC’s Smut and Satin Taupe shadows. I also really like Bobbi Brown’s cream shadow in Black Pearl.