Last night, Britain honored fashion’s finest at The Fashion Awards 2016, aka the British Fashion Awards. The winners were an eclectic mix of top tier talent and stylish up-and-comers (for a complete list, see below), but it was the fashion-forward action on the red carpet that really stole the spotlight. Just as we’re fascinated (OK, obsessed) with models’ and editors’ epic street style, we also can’t get enough of seeing what designers and other fashion insiders sport on the red carpet. At this year’s ceremony, we witnessed everything from a glossy brocade suit to exaggerated sleeves to a mixed pattern dress boasting a Victorian collar and even a bouquet of appliqués.
Of course, the stars who graced the awards with their presence and notoriety more than held their own amid such well-coiffed company. Supers Naomi Campbell and Kate Moss both opted for not-so-basic black, while Alexa Chung embraced a healthy dose of chartreuse and fur. Despite it not being an official category, we’d like to bestow the honor of Most Dynamic Duo to Alessandro Michele and his muse/fan Jared Leto. To see what the fashion industry dared to wear to the awards, check out the jam-packed slideshow above.
- British Emerging Talent: Molly Goddard
- British Menswear Designer: Craig Green for Craig Green
- British Womenswear Designer: Simone Rocha for Simone Rocha
- The Swarovski Award for Positive Change: Franca Sozzani
- Isabella Blow Award for Fashion Creator: Bruce Weber
- Special Recognition: 100 Years of British Vogue
- British Brand: Alexander McQueen
- International Business Leader: Marco Bizzarri for Gucci
- International Urban Luxury Brand: Vetements
- International Accessories Designer: Alessandro Michele for Gucci
- International Ready-to-Wear Designer: Demna Gvasalia for Balenciaga
- International Model: Gigi Hadid
- New Fashion Icon: Jaden & Willow Smith
- Outstanding Achievement: Ralph Lauren