Being a mother doesn't have to mean giving up your fashion savvy. Here are my five rules for being a stylish mom.
- It's very important to get out of your yoga clothes and your sweatpants and make an effort to get dressed every day.
- Don't feel guilty about treating yourself. Every mother deserves a manicure and a blowout.
- Invest in key fashion pieces: a great pair of flats, a jean shirt, a boyfriend jacket, a great tank top and a pair of jeans – they don't have to be skinny just ones you feel good in.
- Dressing up can be as easy as adding a statement necklace to a simple outfit. You don't need to go black tie to make a fashion statement.
- Opt for a simple baby bag – something neutral – save the crazy patterns and designs for the lining.