Ralph Lauren is the master of All-American dressing, from equestrian wear and country club prep to his well known love affair with romantic Victorian and Edwardian influences.
But this season, the designer decided to focus his sights on another archetype: that of the bohemian gypsy traveler.
His signature early American and British aesthetic was still running strong in the collection (herringbone, plaid, velvet, lace), but the streak of a whimsical wanderer and dreamer came through the strongest, opening the show with a wave of ditsy floral prints on floor skimming skirts, sheer chiffon fabrics, and intricately woven knitwear.
The gypsy’s famous forehead-skimming beanie pulled these bohemian tinged looks together.
Still, Lauren maintained his well known and well kept gravitation towards all things rugged and raw by throwing masculine coats, trousers, and booties into the mix.
Are you feeling Ralph Lauren’s bohemian gypsy look? If so, then find out how to recreate his version for less.
2. Mason by Michelle Mason Hat from Shopbop – $88.00
3. Joe Lace Up Over the Knee Boots from Free People – $298.00
4. Multi Knit Cardigan from Forever 21 – $27.80
5. Wide Woven Belt from Forever 21 – $7.80
6. Peacock Feather Pendant Necklace – $5.80
7. Geren Ford Uneven Hem Sweater from Shopbop – $220.00