It's day four of what's turning out to be one of the most lauded New York Fashion Weeks in recent memory. The clothes are gorgeous as well as innovative (for the most part) and the powers that be are sharing all the best parts on their Twitter feeds. Ready to see what they've got?
Don't be surprised if the biggest mags and sites roll out tomorrow with a story detailing DKNY's use of "real" women on the catwalk. Elizabeth Holmes was one of the first to break it on Twitter. Derek Blasberg gives us a cheeky photo of Rita Ora sitting in the front row, while the Agence France-Presse caught the Beckhams' sweet little princess on Daddy's knee digging for gold, if you get the drift. We have the adorable pic! Taxi drivers get curious about street photo snappers and a fashion assistant at Teen Vogue informs us of a surprising beverage offered at Lincoln Center. Check it all out, below.
1. Elizabeth Holmes, Style Reporter at The Wall Street Journal
— Elizabeth Holmes (@EHolmesWSJ) February 9, 2014
2. Derek Blasberg, Contributing Fashion Editor and Consultant
— Derek Blasberg (@DerekBlasberg) February 9, 2014
3. Agence France-Presse (AFP) Photo Department
— AFP Photo Department (@AFPphoto) February 9, 2014
4. Mickey Boardman, Editorial Director at Paper Magazine
. @madefw I can't even tell you how many! Sequined tops are like sexy men. One is too many and a thousand aren't enough.
— Mickey Boardman (@AskMrMickey) February 9, 2014
5. Into The Gloss, Fashion Blog
Taxi driver: "Who were all those guys with cameras?!" Us: "They're street style photographers. They're like paparazzi, for real people."
— Into The Gloss (@IntoTheGloss) February 9, 2014
6. Manolo Blahnik, Shoe Designer
— Manolo Blahnik (@ManoloBlahnik) February 9, 2014
7. Derek Lam, Fashion Designer
— Derek Lam (@DerekLamNYC) February 9, 2014
8. Kurt Soller, Deputy Editor at Bloomberg Businessweek
As you Uber to Wang's Brooklyn show, read my version of the story about NYFW needing a reboot. From this week's mag: http://t.co/nDAH7iFwcH
— Kurt Soller (@kurtsoller) February 8, 2014
9. Elsa Fralon, Web Editor at Elle Belgium
Eeny, meeny, miny…moe #backstage #nyfw
10. Sarah Brody, Fashion Assistant at Teen Vogue
— Sarah Brody (@sarahbrodystyle) February 9, 2014