"I would pose the question to anybody at the table," said fashion journalist Laurie Brookins, as part of the panel discussion which took place at the filming of theFashionDish, a new original series from tFS, "what are the shows you go to where you see true design?"
Stylist Robert Verdi was ready with an answer: "KaufmanFranco. And I get that skinny rich girls are the only ones who can wear it but I don't care. I love skinny rich girls."
Some other designers the panelists mentioned: Ruffian, Public School, Karen Walker, Tanya Taylor and Bibhu Mohipatra (pictured below). See the full conversation in the clip.
The debut installment of theFashionDish brings six fashion industry experts for dinner and a roundtable discussion recapping New York Fashion Week. In the coming weeks, we'll be bringing you lots of short clips and a full 30-minute episode drawn from the rowdy, hilarious and informative conversation that ensued.
About our panelists:
- June Ambrose, a leading celebrity stylist whose clients include Jay Z, Missy Elliot and Zoe Saldana.
- Laurie Brookins, a veteran fashion journalist who has interviewed designers like Tom Ford, Frida Giannini and Alber Elbaz. Brookins was also theFashionSpot's social ambassador this Fashion Week.
- Katie Cassidy, the star of The CW's Arrow and co-founder of the fashion blog TomboyKC.
- Jaclyn Jones, Senior Womenswear Editor at WGSN, a leading trend forecasting firm.
- Chiun-Kai "Chunky" Shih, fashion photographer, Condé Nast creative director and the creator of Hipstamatic's 'Chunky' lens.
- Robert Verdi, a celebrity stylist (best known for his work with Eva Longoria), television personality and lifestyle expert.
Julie Bensman, theFashionSpot's editor-at-large, moderated the discussion, which was filmed at The Lion in New York City.
- On Celebrity Fashion Careers: ‘Kanye Never Counted, I’m Sorry’ [theFashionDish]
- Watch: Is Marc Jacobs Still Setting Fashion Trends? And Could There Be a Target Collaboration in His Future? [theFashionDish]
- Watch: Is Thom Browne the American Fashion Industry’s Answer to John Galliano? [theFashionDish]
- How Resort Became the Biggest Season on the Fashion Calendar [theFashionDish]
- Watch: Is the Star Wars Trend for Real? [theFashionDish]
- Watch: Was Kendall Jenner Fashion Week’s Biggest Publicity Stunt? [theFashionDish]
- Watch: Marc Jacobs Doesn’t Support the Gay Community [theFashionDish]
- Watch: Celebrity Stylist June Ambrose Defends the Street Style Circus at Fashion Week [theFashionDish]
- Watch: Where Do Fashion Trends Come From? [theFashionDish]
- Watch: Do Runway Models Perpetuate an Unattainable Beauty Standard? [theFashionDish]
- Watch: Can We Talk About Lupita Nyong’o? a tFS Roundtable Discussion [theFashionDish]
- Watch: Is Karlie Kloss Overexposed or Awesome? A tFS Roundtable Discussion [theFashionDish]
- Watch: Who Cares About Diversity? A tFS Roundtable Discussion [theFashionDish]
- Watch: Do Bloggers Belong at Fashion Week? A tFS Roundtable Discussion [theFashionDish]
- Watch: Is Lincoln Center Fashion’s High School? a tFS Roundtable Discussion [theFashionDish]