Anyone who has ever attended Fashion Week is familiar with the hectic schedule that starts with morning shows and ends with after-parties and industry events until the wee hours. Such a grueling schedule leaves little time for the basics — like eating and sleeping. Aliza Licht, Robert Verdi and Fern Mallis rely on a daily dose of vitamin C powder to stay healthy and keep energy levels high, while Kitty Cash attributes her late-night survival skills to oil pulling. Pandora Amoratis says it’s all in the planning, so she preps as much as she can before the week starts, and Nicolette Mason says you just have to learn to say no and make beauty sleep a priority. Find out what other tricks our Dishers have garnered over the years in the latest edition of theFashionDish.
Previously on theFashionDish: Aliza Licht and Fern Mallis Share Their Favorite Celebrity Sightings
About theFashionDish, Season Three
On the final evening of New York Fashion Week Fall 2015, we brought together seven incredible, outspoken industry insiders for our third season of theFashionDish. Hosted by Robert Verdi, watch in the coming weeks as our Dishers debate a number of thought-provoking and often controversial topics, including size diversity on the runways, Instamodels and the theater of fashion.
About the experts:
- Robert Verdi (host) – Celebrity stylist, television personality and third-time theFashionDish panelist.
- Fern Mallis – Former executive director of the CFDA, host of Fashion Icons with Fern Mallis lecture series and author of the forthcoming book Fashion Lives: Fashion Icons with Fern Mallis.
- Aliza Licht – SVP Global Communications at Donna Karan International (best known as DKNY PR Girl) and author of the upcoming book Leave Your Mark.
- Nicolette Mason – Well-known fashion and beauty blogger and contributor to such publications as Marie Claire.
- Pandora Amoratis – Style director of OK! magazine, overseeing all celebrity fashion and beauty coverage.
- David Yi – Writer, editor and stylist, aka The Seoulcialite, who has been published in The Wall Street Journal, WWD, ELLE, Harper’s Bazaar, Style.com and more.
- Kitty Cash – DJ, producer and esteemed tastemaker in the global creative community.