Its been black, its been nude, its been jade – what will the hot color be come Spring 2010? See what’s in store from some of the most esteemed brands.
1. Deborah Lippmann: I’m still obsessed with Deborah Lippman’s 10th anniversary collection (wishing it hadn’t been limited edition), and am currently sporting Red Slippers (a gorgeous red-flecked black hue). For spring, things are a whole lot lighter for the celeb-favored line. Lippman created Waking Up In Vegas, a muddy gray, and I’m Not Innocent, which is a creamy peach.
2. Estee Lauder: if you’re at all interested in the new limited edition shades from Lauder, Ultra Violet and Wild Orchid, run to your counter as they’re fast selling out.
3. Borghese: for spring, the famed brand has come out with a line they’re calling Fashionista filled with putty shades to complement the key color trends for spring (Biscotto Beige, Bella Berry, Plumaggio Purple, Stellare Notte, Mezzanotte Blue, and Almondine).
4. NARS: Called Purple Rain, NARS’ spring polish is an intensely gothic purple
5. Orly: looking for a frugal version of a pricey Minx mani? Check-out Orly’s new FOIL FX Collection. Included in the range are Rage (rose with a metallic foil finish), Shine (silver with a metallic foil finish), and Luxe (Gold with a metallic foil finish).
6. Essie: when discussing her new collection, Essie Weingarten, founder and president of Essie Cosmetics, said “art and fashion go hand in hand, and this season’s collections reminded me of the pop art fashion explosion. My spring color collection is a reflection of that movement.” The collection includes:
* Pop Art Pink: Sheer chiffon pink
* Lilacism: Satiny smooth lilac
* Neo Whimsical: Light as a feather rose-plum
* Van D’go: Deliciously ripe melon
* Tart Deco: Dreamy creamy coral
* Red Nouveau: Fiery hot red pepper
7. Sephora by OPI: their latest collection is called Havana Nights and includes:
* Rumba Romance – brilliant golden bronze
* Teal We Meet Again – dramatic blue-green
* Havana Dreams – sunny sky blue
* Read My Palm – lush, tropical green
* Caliente Coral – bright coral
* Carribean Cocktail – shimmering sea blue
These won’t be released until May, as anyone who follows tFS’ twitter knows, so I only have a photo that I snapped at a preview – but the OPI Sephora shades are always hot sellers.
8. A Beautiful Life: the soy-based line of shades offers a wide mix of colors, including some wonderful metallics.
9. Illamasqua: can’t wait to try the beautiful pastels in the UK brand’s collection which include Blow, Wink, Nudge, and Caress.
10. Sula: Sula polishes are great – not only are the colors always spot-on, you don’t need to use nail polish remover when you’re looking for
a switch; simply pull, peel, and the color is off. For spring, I’m loving their Trio of Bright, which comes with Kelly, Vermillion, and Tango.