Mondays are tough… going back to the same old work look can make it hard to get dressed in the morning. Not sure what to wear over that classic, yet monotonous, jeans and button-front combination? Your basic workwear doesn’t need to lack in luster throughout the week just because it feels and looks repetitive. All it takes is one wildly exceptional statement piece to wake up your daily go-to look. You’ll have a chic ensemble to wear to the office, and also one that can take you out to drinks after work.
We are talking about jackets, but not just any old jacket or blazer hanging in the closet. We’re talking about jackets with unexpected details like razor-sharp edges, extra-long lapels, lace fabric insets, extra zippers, zig-zagging cutouts, tubular arms, a woven leather necklace, or an oversized collar. The list of double-take worthy fashion-forward oddities goes on. Think of a statement jacket as an investment piece; you may be paying more for the extra attention to detail and eccentric design, but you’ll find yourself with a stylish lifesaver on those days when your wardrobe feels extra boring and bland. Here are our choices for the best jackets with unexpected flair. Which is your favorite?
1. Ann-Sofie Back Zip Short Jacket from Shop Acrimony – $392.00
2. Collarless Quilted Leather Jacket from ASOS – $206.88
3. Tailored Cape Blazer from ASOS – $103.44
4. Pencey Tux Blazer from ShopBop – $418.00
5. Coast Sasha Sequin Jacket from ASOS – $163.78
6. River Island Lace Drape Jacket from ASOS – $77.56
7. Exaggerated Shoulder Leather Jacket from ASOS – $151.71