Since the fash-pack are still having a 90s grunge revival, those era staple dungarees have resurfaced. The high street is currently packed to the brim with different takes on the dungaree; from short cut to full length and in a mix of pretty patterns and prints.
If you’re still dying to figure out exactly how you can rock a pair of dungarees this season, here are our top five tips, and all of the styles are currently available on the high street.
- Create a laid-back cool look by choosing a pair in boyfriend cut, rolling up those hems and teaming with a casual cotton shirt. River Island’s Boyfriend denim dungaree, £45 would be perfect for this look.
- A tailored pair of full length dungarees in pin stripe means that you could even get away with wearing a pair to the office, and especially if you add a crisp shirt and pair of killer heels to the ensemble. Try on Pretty Little Thing’s Annie pinstripe dungarees, £30 for size.
- Opt for a masculine take on the trend with a pair of full length black dungarees, just like MissGuided’s Adaliz scuba tailored dungarees, £22.99, which scream Nineties revival and would look extra on-trend with a simple cropped white T-shirt.
- At the moment, anything goes dungaree-wise on the high street, which is currently offering everything from trendy polka dots to quirky tie-dyed numbers. Believe it or not, a patterned pair is also totally wearable for a more glamorous occasion if styled with the right heels and clutch. And of course, the right kind of pattern! Although you might not be gracing any red carpets in River Island’s Pink floral print long dungarees, £40, you have to admit that they’d make a cool addition to your summer wardrobe.
- Go short and cutesy with Topshop’s Moto bleached denim dungarees, £38. They’re so versatile that you could create an array of looks. For instance, add a playful twist to your outfit with a spotted chiffon blouse or throw a white tailored blazer over the top if you want to up that sophisticated vibe.