The night was lacking Rihanna’s nipples but didn’t skimp on style. Celebrities and members of the fashion elite turned out at Alice Tully Hall in New York City to see which designers would take home some of the fashion industry’s top honors at the CFDA Fashion Awards. The guest list included a smattering of models like Joan Smalls, Karlie Kloss and Coco Rocha, who was looking ever the yummy mummy.
Of course, Kim Kardashian, fresh off announcing that she’s pregnant with baby number two, was on hand to present the Media Award, her very slight bump pushing through a pair of high-waisted knickers visible through her grommeted see-through custom Proenza Schouler gown. Buzzy model Binx Walton arrived on the arm of Hood by Air’s Shayne Oliver. Janelle Monáe stunned as she is wont to do in a gold embroidered ivory cape, a definite favorite of the evening.
The evening kicked off with Tom Ford winning big as Menswear Designer of the Year while It bag designers Rachel Mansur and Floriana Gavriel received the well-deserved Swarovski award for Accessory Design. Pharrell Williams, who was dressed for a day at a stylish outdoor market, picked up his Fashion Icon prize from presenter Kanye West in denim and leather. During his speech, Williams mentioned that he was first exposed to Chanel – the same house who tapped him for its Pre-Fall campaign – through another rap legend: the Notorious B.I.G. The night ended when Olsen Twins’ The Row took home the award for Womenswear Designer of the Year
If you missed all the CFDA Awards action, check out the full list of winners below:
- Swarovski Award for Accessory Design: Rachel Mansur & Floriana Gavriel for Mansur Gavriel
- Swarovski Award for Menswear: Shayne Oliver for Hood by Air
- Swarovski Award for Womenswear: Rosie Assoulin
- Accessories Designer of the Year: Tabitha Simmons
- Menswear Designer of the Year: Tom Ford
- Womenswear Designer of the Year: May-Kate and Ashley Olsen for The Row
- Founder’s Award: Mickey Drexler
- Fashion Icon Award: Pharrell Williams
- Geoffrey Beene Lifetime Achievement Award: Betsey Johnson
- Media Award: Kevin Systrom
- International Award: Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pierpaolo Piccioli of Valentino